The Florida Health Insurance
Premium Payment Program
The Florida Health Insurance Premium Payment (FLHIPP) program is sponsored by Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration. The FLHIPP Program was developed to help qualified individuals enrolled in Medicaid, pay for health insurance offered through an employer. The FLHIPP Program is a way for the State of Florida to save money while providing Floridians access to quality healthcare. If you qualify for the program, FLHIPP will reimburse you for the employee’s portion of your insurance premium. The premium is your monthly cost for health insurance coverage. FLHIPP membership is completely free for those who qualify and does not affect eligibility for Medicaid.
Not currently insured through your job? When you qualify for FLHIPP, federal law makes it possible for you to enroll in employer-sponsored health insurance at any time of the year.
Qualifications for FLHIPP
The FLHIPP program is specifically for qualifying Medicaid clients and their families who have access to group health insurance through a job.
- Your health insurance must cover at least 1 Medicaid beneficiary
- You must be able to provide the following Information along with your completed application:
- List of policy choices/options and rates provided by your employer
- Policy number & group number
- Employer & employee share of premium cost
- Medicaid client(s) name & Medicaid identification number(s)